- January 15: Due date for the fourth and final installment of 2015 estimated tax for individuals (unless you file your 2015 return and pay any balance due by February 1).
- February 1: Employers must furnish 2015 W-2 statements to employees. Payers must furnish 1099 information statements to payees. (The deadline for Form 1099-B and consolidated statements is February 16.)
- February 1: Employers must generally file 2015 federal unemployment tax returns and pay any tax due.
- February 29: Payers must file information returns (except Forms 1095-B and 1095-C) with the IRS. (March 31 is the deadline if filing electronically.)
- February 29: Employers must send W-2 copies to the Social Security Administration. (March 31 is the deadline if filing electronically.)
- March 31: Large employers must furnish Form 1095-C to employees.
- May 31: Forms 1095-B and 1095-C due to IRS. (June 30 is the deadline if filing electronically.)
A new year means tax return filing season has arrived once again. Among the tax deadlines you may be required to meet in the next few months are the following:
Stay up-to-date with the latest in tax and accounting news by signing up for our monthly e-newsletter.