- January 17 – Due date for the fourth quarterly installment of 2011 estimated taxes for individuals unless you file your tax return and pay any taxes due by January 31.
- January 31 – Employers must furnish 2011 W-2 statements to employees. Payers must furnish payees with Form 1099s for various payments made. The deadline for providing Form 1099-B and consolidated statements to customers is February 15.
- January 31 – Employers must generally file annual federal unemployment tax returns.
- February 28 – Payers must file information returns, such as Form 1099s, with the IRS. This deadline is extended to April 2 for electronic filing.
- February 29 – Employers must send Form W-2 copies to the Social Security Administration. This deadline is extended to April 2 for electronic filing.
- March 1 – Farmers and fishermen who did not make 2011 estimated tax payments must file 2011 tax returns and pay taxes in full.
- April 17 – Individual income tax returns for 2011 are due.
It’s time to file various tax returns once again. If any of the following tax deadlines will apply to you, circle the dates on your 2012 calendar.
Stay up-to-date with the latest in tax and accounting news by signing up for our monthly e-newsletter.